November: Military Theme
Since I’m doing”Basic Training on Military Culture” over at Forward Motion’s Back to School for Busy Writers starting November 5, I thought I’d do a military theme for the month for anyone interested in more information.
This is a quick look at the theme’s topics:
- Life as a Single Soldier
- The G.I. Party – No, this isn’t something fun!
- What’s it like on a military post?
- Veteran’s Day – A veteran visiting a war memorial
- An Officer, An Actor, a Gentlemen – On my meeting William Windom, guest star from Star Trek and World War II veteran (he died earlier this year)
- Thanksgiving During War
- For the writers, a list of ways to get military wrong in fiction
Plus Liv Rancourt will be dropping in for a guest post over here at Soldier, Storyteller. Might also have one more.
Meanwhile, I’ll taking the theme direction for December. Since I don’t want to do any of the standard themes like Home for the Holidays, I’m going to do “silver.”