10 Quirky Things About Me
This was inspired by a post from Patty over on Homemaker’s Daily.
- If I wake up and look at the clock to check the time, I’m awake — a problem if it’s too early. So if I wake up, I’ve been working on breaking the habit of glancing at the clock.
- It doesn’t matter to me what way the toilet paper is installed. I’m lucky to get it on the roll.
- I’m not drawn to music. I can listen to it, but I don’t go out of my way to listen to it. I do own CDs, but I play them very little. I think this is because when I was growing up, my brother and father got into music wars (classical and disco), and then in the military, some of the soldiers would just crank it. The result is I associate music with LOUD and ANNOYING, not pleasant. It isn’t helped by walking into restaurants where the music is playing loud and the employees don’t see that as odd.
- I don’t drink any alcohol. Yeah, I got out of the military without drinking a single beer or glass of wine or hard liquor. I’ll cook with it, but the taste of it by itself doesn’t do anything for me.
- My writing clothes are tank tops and shorts. No matter the weather.
- I’ve been known to wear tank tops in the middle of winter in Virginia. It’s a California-thing.
- I hang my clothes up with the collar opening facing to the left. That’s a habit left over from the military. However, the clothes are in no particular order, and sometimes they’re inside out.
- Contrary to other women, I don’t have a closet-full of shoes. I own two pairs of sport stories, one pair of hiking boots, and one pair of sandals. No high heels. I wouldn’t mind other shoes, but my flat feet have other ideas entirely.
- The least amount of shoes I have ever owned at once is one pair. I have wide feet, and most place don’t sell that. I usually have to buy up two sizes. One year, I simply couldn’t find anything, so I got what was available (men’s shoes!).
- I like reading fantasy, science fiction, mystery, thriller, YA, and sometimes literary. Really depends on the story.