5 Fun Facts You Don’t Know About Me
- During a science fiction convention, two women and I ate lunch in the hotel restaurant with actor David Hedison (James Bond) and watched two cats play outside the window.
- I went to my first science fiction convention in 1976 costumed as Lieutenant Uhura and got trapped in a parking garage.
- I’m a cat magnet. When I visited my grandparents, I went outside and saw this beautiful white cat. Started petting the cat, who acted like no one ever paid attention to. Suddenly I was surrounded by cats! And my grandfather hated cats.
- I’ve ridden in a pace car for a race. It was just after the first Persian Gulf War ended, and a local race track in Washington State was looking for soldiers to ride in the pace car. I went in my class A’s, and one of the guys was grabbed to join me. I sat in the front seat and watched that speedometer. We hit 100!
- The first computer I wrote a story on was a Heathkit H-89. Heathkit was known then as having kits of electronics you could put together in your house. My father built the computer. It was all one piece and booted off a 5 1/4 disk. It’s hard to believe now that my tablet has more computing power than that big computer!