Another refresh for your viewing pleasure. I’m still working through the update for the short story itself, so that’ll be out next week with the updated cover.
The software tool I use to build the covers is Adobe PhotoShop Elements. That’s a $120 program with some of the tools of PhotoShop. Works pretty well for ebook covers.
This cover was created in 2015 from a Dreamstime image. At the time, it was difficult finding a image. I had a lot of trouble figuring out keywords to find the images. That simply has taken practice, and sometimes even that still doesn’t help!
Once I found this image, I ended up changing the story title so it would fit on the cover. 🙂 It was originally called Cursed Painting.
Like some of the other covers, I found this image while looking for one for a different story. I preferred a period one with a male main character, but women are in and there is a woman character who plays a major role in the story.
The image conveys a sense of the time of the story, which is the late 1800s, San Francisco. The colors are also brighter than the original one. I enjoyed what I was seeing from this artist and picked up an additional one for a new release.
The New Release
I’ve actually been putting off the release of this story for a long time because I thought the cover was going to be really hard. It’s a story set during the construction of the Washington Monument, which has quite a bit of interesting history. This reminded me of the main character going inside the base of the monument. This one of the few times I got a horizontal image, so I had to make sure this one was big enough for me to enlarge it to fit vertically.